To build a commercial strategy and plan for Asia (China/Japan/SE Asia/Korea primarily) and set up and grow a client base in the key regions. The role will be based in the UK but requires frequent travel within the region.
SENIOR BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER – ASIA
OVERVIEW OF ROLE
- Build and execute a comprehensive commercial strategy for GENBA Digital in key Asian markets
- Conduct regular market research in order to identify key markets, trends etc for Digital Distribition in Asia
- Identify clients for GENBA Digital in Asia focusing on identifying PC digital etailers, PC Publishers and Developers and partnerships to establish Genba as a digital distributor/service provider in Asia
- Develop and maintain client relationships in Asia acting as the main point of contact and focus on growing the business and revenues within this channel
- Attract new clients to GENBA Digital in Asia through raising the GENBA profile within the region
- Identify growth opportunities for GENBA Digital outside of its core PC digital business, such as the distribution of software, console digital content
- Identify opportunities for JVs and partnerships
- Attendance at key events/tradeshows to promote the GENBA Digital offering e.g. Chinajoy, G-Star and Tokyo Game Show
- Strong account management experience working with high-profile, global businesses.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a good sense for business opportunities.
- Customer focused attitude and ability to build strong business relationships
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Problem solver; ability to drive changes and process improvements as our business continues to grow
- Excellent communication skills with a very pro-active approach.
- Meticulous attention to detail and organisational skills essential.
- Strong network within the videogames industry
- Self-motivated and able to work with limited supervision
- Willingness to travel frequently within the region (monthly basis at times)
- Essential: Understanding of Asian Business etiquette
- Experience in delivering commercial targets
- An experienced communicator with both internal and external stakeholders
- Essential: Proficiency in all MS Office applications (Outlook, Excel, Word, Powerpoint)