Location: Leamington Spa
Reports to: COO
Overview of Role
- This role is responsible for leading the Genba Platform feature strategy and delivering this vision by collaborating with Genba’s outsourced development partner, its clients and internal stakeholders.
- In doing this, their objective is to drive sales and client growth in current and new verticals with the objective to grow the platform and its value to clients and shareholders.
- Focusing on client-based product strategy (market research, portfolio analysis, core competences and capabilities, strategy planning, ideas generation and prioritisation), development (project management in development, through to release management and implementation), this role will work very closely with the CTO, COO, Commercial Team, IT Project Manager and external development team to deliver market leading products and services
- The key success criteria for this role are: the creation of market-led products, strong proposition development, a well-managed NPD process, and the commercial success of Genba products.
- Prepare and present options for product strategy to stakeholders, based on external and internal analysis.
- Analyse current feature set and product life-cycle based on Genba’s strategy
- Analyse Genba’s capabilities and core competences
- External (Opportunities, threats, issues, forces in the market)
- Evaluate current and new verticals to expand Genba’s existing reach in cooperation with Genba’s Commercial department.
- Work closely with the Commercial department to research and map client, market needs and competition.
- Analyse market and value chain parties’ value and share of revenue
- Support investigation and review of emerging innovative technologies and trends
- Work to build and maintain Product Development Roadmaps that can be used internally and shared with top tier clients.
- Build high level specifications and epic user stories for briefing Development.
- Project manage new products and features in development, managing internal and external stakeholders including partners and development teams.
- Work with Commercial (including marketing) to build product marketing collateral and launch plans of new products, services and modules to offer added value services to existing clients.
- Work closely with the CTO to ensure product development information flows throughout all stakeholders.
- Maintain documentation for product management governance.
- Build training plans for staff, e-learning content and training notes for clients, and deliver training when appropriate.
- Provide (front line product) support to Commercial and Operational teams at launch of new services/products
Location: Leamington Spa or London
Reports to: Head of Commercial
Overview of Role
Genba Digital is seeking a dedicated, ambitious and proactive Junior Commercial Manager to join our Commercial Team. This role will be responsible for the account management of key Genba Digital partners and working proactively to drive additional opportunities for these accounts. This role will play a key part in supporting our growing Indie client base.
- Responsible for managing allocated publisher and etailer relationships through client meetings, day to day liaison and delivering a best in class account management service
- Pro-actively plan new product releases with the publishing partners, suggesting and evaluating exciting marketing programs to drive pre-orders, launch and on-going sales and creative opportunities to roll out to the Genba Digital etailer network
- Effectively communicate all publisher and etailer activity to the Operational team to efficiently set up such programs, ensuring all programs are fully set up well before going live
- Working with the commercial team to promote and extend exclusive relationships with etailers with each Publisher
- Manage the key etailer relationships focusing on new releases, marketing planning, promotional planning and initiatives to drive sales
- Create and manage annual account plans for partners
- Prepare sales materials and proposals to support the business development efforts
- Recommend new content for Genba Digital to acquire to the Head of Commercial
- Monitor accounts sales performance and make recommendations to the Head of Commercial
- Attend and present at client meetings
- Attendance at key events/tradeshows to promote the Genba Digital offering may be required
- Support the Head of Commercial and Business Development team in the account management and onboarding of Indie partners
- Customer focused attitude and approach
- Ability to build strong business relationships
- Previous Account management/Customer Service experience
- Strong interpersonal skills and a good sense for business opportunities
- Strong analytical and number skills combined with creativity, efficient and result oriented working style
- Strong negotiation skills
- Problem solver; ability to drive changes and process improvements as our business continues to grow
- Ability to work across an array of tasks with experience navigating complex problems
- Excellent communication skills with a very pro-active approach
- Meticulous attention to detail and organisational skills essential
- Willingness for occasional domestic travel
- Understanding of digital videogames industry
- Essential: Proficiency in all MS Office applications (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Proven Account Management/Digital Sales/Business Development Experience
- Experience in videogames industry
- Experience working with retailers/etailers
- Language skills appreciated but not essential